Enter the Gate 11:460:00/11:46
Midnight On Dorion 11:380:00/11:38
When in Brome... 5:290:00/5:29
Do as Bromans Do 1:300:00/1:30
Silk Route Groove 9:270:00/9:27
Anwar G 2:450:00/2:45
Norwegian Wood 3:110:00/3:11
Brothers' Alap 2:500:00/2:50
EPK - SITARFUSION WITH PAUL DESLAURIERS BAND
Anwar Khurshid’s SitarFusion with Paul Deslauriers Band is a unique acoustic union between the Blues and Indian Classical Music, a true “East meets West” musical collaboration demonstrating the power of music to transcend generational and cultural differences. Anwar’s sitar and Paul’s guitar alternate in a meditative musical conversation, building on each other’s ideas and creating a soulful, uplifting experience for audiences. Their CD “Enter the Gate” received glowing reviews and has electrified live audiences in festival-winning performances in North America.
The collaboration comprises of Canada’s award-winning musical elite: sitar maestro Anwar Khurshid who has performed internationally for decades and created music for Hollywood and Bollywood films including Oscar-winning “Life of Pi”; Canada’s top blues-rock guitarist and singer Paul DesLauriers recognized as Maple Blues Guitarist of the Year; Canada’s top bassist Greg Morency, recognized as Maple Blues Bassist of the Year and Sam Harrisson on drums, a record 9-times recipient of the prestigious Lys Blues award and 3 times nominee for Maple Blues Drummer of the Year award.
- Silver medalist at 32nd International Blues Challenge 2016 by The Blues Foundation.
- “Best In Festival” award at Tremblant International Blues Festival 2013.
- Two albums rated #1 on iTunes Canada Blues chart in 2016 & 2014.
- Winner of TD Music’s “Artists to Watch” shortlist 2016 (Anwar Khurshid).
- 2nd prize in International Songwriting Competition 2015, selected from 18,000 entries from 120 countries (Ho Jamalo song).
- Performed in USA & Canada at Montreal International Jazz Festival, Ottawa BluesFest, Daytona Blues Festival, Toronto Harbourfront Festival among others.